Windover Hills United Methodist Church was formed in 1958, composed primarily of members from another area Methodist congregation.
Worship services were first held in an old farmhouse on the Wilson Estate. As the congregation grew, the services were moved to a quonset hut, then finally to the present sanctuary, which was completed in 1969.
An education wing was added in 1984. A new Fellowship Hall was dedicated in December 2002. It replaced the quonset hut, which had served as the fellowship hall after the construction of the sanctuary.
The church, Fellowship Hall, parsonage and several parking lots sit on four rolling acres directly across Ridge Road, overlooking the Sunny Slopes facility in South Park. Enjoy the sweeping view of the park from the church grounds, and you’ll understand why our founders chose the name Windover Hills.
Windover Hills United Methodist Church continues its heritage and traditions, but at the same time looks forward to the challenges of the future. The mission of Windover Hills remains to serve the community and share the good news of Jesus Christ.